Our union exists to support all workers employed or engaged to be employed in:
- technical roles in any organisation,
- in any role within an organisation that is technology focused.
- roles within technology focused groups within any organisation
- at the discretion of the committee, individual independent contractors or groups of independent contractors contracted in one or more of the areas listed above.
If you’re unsure about whether our union will cover you, please send us a message. However, if you belong to any of the categories below, it's safe to assume you are eligible for membership.
People who are employed as or studying to become:
- developer, programmer or software engineer
- sysadmin, operations, devops, site reliability
- technical support, IT
People currently employed within a technology focused organisation:
- UX design
- project management
- executive positions
What if I am a member of another union?
If you're in an existing union, that's wonderful! We believe that more support is better, and strongly support our members holding dual union memberships if you can, as other unions offer members additional coverage, benefits, resources - and in many cases established collective contracts.
Speak to your current union and check that this option is available to you, and that our goals are compatible.