Our union exists to support all workers employed in:
- Technical roles in any organisation
- In any role within an organisation that is technology focused
- Roles within technology focused groups within any organisation
- At the discretion of the committee, individual independent contractors or groups of independent contractors contracted in one or more of the areas listed above
If you’re unsure about whether our union will cover you, please send us a message. However, if you belong to any of the categories below, it's safe to assume you are eligible for membership.
People who are employed as or studying to become:
- Software engineer
- Firmware developer
- Operations professional
- Site reliability
- Technical support
- IT professional
- Electronics engineer
- Research and development engineer
- Security engineers and analysts
- Penetration testers
People currently employed within a technology focused organisation:
- UX design
- Project management
- Product development
- Executive positions
- Hardware research and development
What if I am a member of another union?
If you're in an existing union, that's wonderful! We believe that more support is better, and strongly support our members holding dual union memberships if you can, as other unions offer members additional coverage, benefits, resources - and in many cases established collective contracts.
Speak to your current union and check that this option is available to you, and that our goals are compatible.