We offer three distinct membership options.
A full membership sets you up with voting rights on all union matters, including standing for and electing the Committee.
If you are retired, formerly (but not currently) working in tech, an employer of tech staff, or if you simply want to support the union, you may be entitled to associate membership. Associate members will not be represented in any collective bargaining and are only eligible to stand for and vote to elect the Associate Committee Member.
Student memberships are also available to anyone who is currently enrolled in study or within two years after the completion of any study. Student members will not be represented in any collective bargaining and are only eligible to vote to elect the Student Committee Member.
Fees for each membership type are as follows:
(Payments are processed via Nationbuilder & Stripe)
We collect your personal information in order to verify that you are eligible to become a member of ATU and to keep records of our membership base. We are obliged to comply with the Privacy Act 1993 and will not release any details which might result in you being identified as a member of ATU.
We believe in full transparency about any data collection. As a legally recognised incorporated society, we are required to hold the following information on all members:
- Full legal name. We are required by law to collect your legal name, but we will only ever use your preferred name in our communication with you.
- Contact postal address (residential or workplace.) We will never send any mail to this address, it is recorded for legal purposes only.
- The date you joined the union
For our own purposes we will also be collecting the following information:
- Contact email address
- Contact phone number
- Current employer
- Current job site
- Job title, course of study and / or occupation
- Membership type
- Demographic data for the purpose of promoting equal and fair employment conditions for members (optional)
This information will be stored in our Nationbuilder managed database. We can remove you (and revoke your membership) at your request. None of the above information will be shared outside of the union.
Please contact us if you have any further questions about our data management.